As we sizzle into the month of August, I thought I would share this spicy and delicious salmon recipe that has become a favorite in my household. This recipe pairs great alongside a strawberry spinach salad or with sauteed vegetables.
Salmon is a good source of the heart healthy omega 3 fats EPA and DHA. EPA and DHA play an important role in heart health, brain function, and prenatal health. It is recommended to eat fish high in fatty acids at least twice a week, aiming for at least 8 ounces weekly.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- 4 (6 ounce) fillet BLANKS sockeye salmon
- ½ cup Butter, without salt
- Step 1: In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Step 2: Brush salmon fillets on both sides with 1/4 cup butter, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with 1/2 remaining butter.
- Step 3: In a large, heavy skillet over high heat, cook salmon, butter side down, until blackened, 2 to 5 minutes. Turn fillets, drizzle with remaining butter, and continue cooking until blackened and fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Per Serving:511.1 calories; 37.4 g protein; 4.5 g carbohydrates; 166.4 mg cholesterol; 1248.4 mg sodium.