For the month of July, the dietitian is featuring this tasty summer zucchini pie. This Skinnytaste recipe gives you a healthy and savory spin on pie. With the 4th of July just around the corner, this recipe would be a great potluck item. It also works well as a summer dinner paired with a side salad or some fresh fruit. This recipe will be a great way to get in an extra serving vegetables.
- 10 oz shredded zucchini, all liquid squeezed out
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup part skim mozzarella
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (for example-King Arthur)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup 1% or fat free milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
- Combine zucchini, shallots, chives, and mozzarella cheese in a bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and blend well.
- Combine with zucchini mixture and pour it into the pie dish.
- Top with parmesan cheese and bake 30-35 minutes or until knife comes out clean from the center.
- Let it stand at least 5 minutes before serving.
Serving: 1/6th, Calories: 125.3kcal, Carbohydrates: 13.1g, Protein: 8.1g, Fat: 4.8g, Sodium: 420.1mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2.5gBlue Smart Points:3Green Smart Points:4Purple Smart Points:3Points +:3