2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed
1 (6 ounce) can tomato
4 tablespoons chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup white wine
PREP TIME: 15-20 MINS
COOK TIME: 30-45 MINS
READY IN: 45-60 MINS
1. In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
*Use less salt if you have high blood pressure for a healthier option.*Substitute salt free seasoning (for example Mrs. DASH) as desired.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat saute
the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2
minutes (at this time you can add additional vegetables as desired, for example- bell peppers, mushrooms, celery). Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
3. Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring
4. In another pot (while sauce is cooking),
bring water to boil. Add spaghetti noodles
(use at least half whole wheat noodles for
more fiber) and cook for 6-8 minutes or
desired tenderness. Drain noodles and serve with homemade spaghetti sauce.
5. Spiralize zucchini and substitute for pasta for a lower carb option and better blood sugar control. Serve salad with spaghetti. Half of your plate should be vegetables.
6. Cook additional meat (for example-lean ground turkey) as desired and add
to the final spaghetti.